Welcome

Welcome

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Web Applications

After looking at many different web applications, I would recommend a student to use Zoho. This program has so many applications that can be used either alone, or with others. There is a writing tool, to do lists, presentation makers, excel type sheets, and wikis, just to name a few.
This would be recommended to a student who does not have Microsoft office on their computer. Since the online program is free, the student would be able to still type, prepare presentations, and collect information easily. The student would also be able to share information. Some students need everything in one place; this program allows all its applications to be reached at the top of the page.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, liked zoho. It is a program I was familiar with so that is why I didn't blog on it. I think that it is very user friendly and organized. I like that all of the application are readily available in the toolbar as well. Microsoft office can be an expensive program to put on computers, this zoho notebook offers a free alternative. It doesn't have all the options of office, but there is still enough to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of Zoho before this and I think it is pretty neat, but reminds me a little of google docs. I looked around this site, but is their a download for those students who do not have internet access, so they could still have a Microsoft Office type software on their computer? Is their a benefit of using this instead of Google Docs? As a word processing application and calendar options, I think the students could navigate this application with their Microsoft Word prior knowledge.

    ReplyDelete